BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF ORGANIZATION
The mission of the Fabienne Colas Foundation (FCF), an artistic, non-profit organization, is to advance education in the arts and to support the creation, production, promotion, and distribution of film, arts and culture throughout Canada and abroad. The FFC organizes 7 annual festivals in Montreal, Toronto and Port-au-Prince: the Montreal International Black Film Festival, Toronto Black Film Festival, Haiti en Folie Festival in Montreal & New York, Fade to Black Festival, Quebec Film Festival in Haiti and the Halifax Black Film Festival. The FCF wants to remain a space for discussion of the major artistic, cultural, social and current social-economic issues of our time. www.fondationfabiennecolas.org
- Assist in the organization and coordination of the Foundations activities and festivals.
- Help with the planning and logistics of various meetings.
- Coordinate the participation of various collaborators (artists, venue operators, drivers, exhibitors booths, volunteers, caterers, coordinators etc.)
- Maintain relationships with confirmed sponsors and ensure compliance agreements (recover promotional materials and displaying these materials, ensuring the visibility of each one, etc).
- Identify the most effective ways to promote the organization and its events.
- Establish communication strategies adapted to the reality and needs of the Foundation.
- Regularly update websites and social networks of the organization and its events.
- Solicit universities, cultural communities, student and other relevant organizations media to promote the Foundation’s projects.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging trends in social media.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of various promotional tools.
- Quality assurance for projects contracted with graphic artists, printers, translators, editors etc.
- Assist the coordinators of the various departments with all related tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in French and English.
- Resourcefulness and the ability to deal with the unexpected.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and facilitate decision-making.
- Versatility, rigor, autonomy, dynamism, team spirit, initiative, motivation.
- Strong organizational, communication and negotiation skills.
- Great knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Knowledge of social networks e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr, Youtube, Linkedin etc.
- Interest in the arts and Film.
- Location: 465 rue St-Jean, suite 900, Montreal
- Hours: Full-time
- Contract: May to November 2017
- Eligibility in the Emploi-Quebec wage subsidy program is required!
CONTACT AND DEADLINE
All interested candidates should submit their CV before April 21, 2017, mentioning the name of the position.
Please forward your CV with a cover letter answering these questions:
- Why would you be an excellent candidate for this position and an asset to the organization?
- What is the greatest achievement of your career?
- What are the strengths that make you the best candidate for this job?
- Where did you find out about this job-opening?
Please submit your application to email@example.com ; attention ALEXE LOUISA.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.